Wednesday, May 25, 2011


intransitive verb
1: to cherish a desire with anticipation
transitive verb
1: to desire with expectation of obtainment 
2: to expect with confidence : trust
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. ~Psalm 62:5 (NLT)

Thanks for praying our sweet girl home.
We have a few requests specifically right now...
 
* for our sweet Clara and her foster mother caring for her. We are so thankful that Clara has this special woman in her life to look after her until she comes home. That she will continue to be healthy while she waits.
* for our paperwork to move forward so she can come home soon
* for our family as we prepare to grow again, the kids are so excited and talk about her daily and pray for her. They are ready for the process to move forward (and so are we:)
*for our planning and preparing for me to travel when they needed paperwork arrives, that I can have everything organized here on the home front for everyone and for a possible travel partner to join me for the trip.

Yesterday, I heard this song again by Chris Tomlin, as I listened, it was comfort to my waiting heart... I changed the words a bit as my own prayer...

How can I Keep from Singing

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know Clara is loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
 
I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

7 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

I'm praying!!!

Sorry I missed your call yesterday! I was right smack in the middle of cooking dinner so I couldn't answer. I'll talk to ya later!

Hope said...

OH my those cheeks! I have never seen anything so kissable! I am praying for you and your family!

Shelly said...

oh goodness! So cute! Your arms have to be aching to hold her and kiss those adorable cheeks! :) Praying for you and lifting your requests up to the Father.

Choate Family said...

Friend, I am loving catching up on your blog now that we are back in Honiara. I'll try to keep Skype up and look for a chance to chat :-)

Doug and Terrye said...

Have begun praying for God to prepare that little heart to meet her family! So happy for y'all!!! :)

Kristi said...

Oh yes, praying for your family as you prepare to grow again. Such an exciting time, yet we do need to be covered in prayer when family dynamics change, don't we?

Kristi said...

Praying for you as you wait for your family to change yet again!