Monday, November 09, 2009


FOR TODAY
Nov. 9th, 2009

Outside my window... the sun usn't up yet and today is supposed to be cooler with the chance of rain. Right now it is a chilly 40 degrees.

I am thinking... about my Bible Study that this starting this week- Living Beyond Yourself with Beth Moore. My prayer is that I will make time to complete the homework each day and just have time to sit at the feet of my Father and listen to Him and hear what He has to teach me. I am thankful for the women who are joining me and hoping to get to know each of them better.

I am thankful for... the beautiful weather we had this weekend and the time we spent outdoors as a family. I a thankful for moments caught with the camera to remember these precious times.

From the learning rooms... reading Gooney Bird Green, Memory work- Jeremiah 29:11, science- hot air balloons and why things fly (I'll post the reading list I am using on Tuesday, it has been so much fun!), Nov. 14th is Claude Monet's birthday so we will be reading: The Magical Garden of Claude Monet, Claude Monet, Sunshine and Water lillies and watching Linnea in Monet's Garden. I hope to also do some art projects from Discovering Great Artists. We are continuing to read about the Ancients and will be learning about ancient India later in the week. I found a few good read alouds about India in general. Continuing with Missionary Stories from the Millers and

From the kitchen... egg pie for breakfast (quiche:), sandwiches for lunch with fresh veggies

I am wearing... PJ pants, hair clipped up, a long sleeved t-shirt and bare foot

I am creating... Lesson plans for the rest of the week.

I am going... to the library later today to return library loan books and request the next set that we need, also to the post office to mail several packages including swap quilt block, a care package to a friend serving our country in Iraq and one to his family here at home.

I am reading... Beth Moore- Living Beyond Yourself for Bible Study this week.

I am hoping... to get all my laundry folded today and sort out the clothes from summer that won't fit the kids next summer and spending them to Goodwill with my husband.

I am praying... for my children- Salvation, Isaiah 45:8 & Romans 10:17

I am pondering these words... But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. 2 Peter 3:18

I am hearing... Veggie Tales Worship with Matt Redman, My new favorite children's praise and worship cd!

Around the house... I'm moving the school area to the dining rooms, so books stacked on the floor waiting to be put back on the new book shelf, maps to be hung, a bulletin board to hang up and my kitchen table to reclaim- we now have the little school table in our dining room too.

One of my favorite things... spice scented candles in the fall

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, library trips, out to dinner with friends on Weds., traveling with the kids to visit my family for our annual fall birthday party, driving through the big city on the way there, hoping to see some friends and catch up while we are back that direction for a few days.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Peggy's is just a click away where you can check out more daybooks!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Love your picture. It is so sweet. Enjoyed your daybook. Love spiced candles this time of year. Blessing to your week ahead.

blushing rose said...

I am going back to bed ... I am worn out reading your schedule/events. Chuckle! Have a beautiful week. TTFN ~Marydon

Adeye said...

Your life is truly blessed--in every way!!!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love quiche. I wonder what yours had in it.
Veggie Tails: I used to watch these with the grands when they were younger. I went around with those songs in my head all the time.
I like your idea of making the dining room your school room. I made mine a craft room. I can't see the sense in a room which is only used occasionally when it could be put to use all the time.
Have a wonderful week,
Mama Bear

LISA said...

Thinking of you often. Hoping to send you an email this week.
I know you'll get that school area set up just how you like it. Very sweet post of Nate yesterday. I'll talk to you soon friend...

Shana said...

Love Veggie tales also! Pray that you bible study brings you closer to our Lord. Have a great week!

Blessings,
Shana

dtbrents said...

I love quiche. Sometimes I make fatadas for breakfast. It taste like quiche but is a lot easier to make. I have done most of Beth Moore's Bible study but have missed the one you are doing. You will have to tell us about it. I love the picture. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

Patty said...

I enjoyed your daybook. Quiche for breakfast, lunch, or supper would work for me. Have a blessed day.