
FOR TODAY
Nov. 30, 2009
Nov. 30, 2009
Outside my window... it is a cold 25 degrees but the sun is shining! (that was when I sat down and started this daybook this morning, I am finally back to it and it's a sunny 56 degrees outside now! The kids have been outside riding bikes and enjoying the "warm day!"
I am thinking... of our busy weekend. I had the opportunity to spend time last night with a friend from out of state who is waiting to bring her little man home from China. It was w neat time to encourage her and hear more about their story of where God has brought them from and where He is leading them.
I am thankful for... time with Shawn's family on Thanksgiving, celebrating Abigayl's birthday this weekend (go here and sign up for her birthday giveaway!) and that I am able to stay home and school our children.
From the learning rooms... Back to our Ancient Egypt studies for history (we took a break from here and studied about the pilgrims and the new world for 2 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.) Working on addition facts up to 20 for Lenna, Reading Bob Books, Explode the Code, and handwriting. This weeks verse is Isaiah 55:6.
From the kitchen... the smell of the fresh bread we baked yesterday.
I am wearing... tan pants, a long sleeved t-shirt and fuzzy socks (my bare feet are gone and my sweet friend, Shannon, who knows me so well sent me new fuzzy socks this past week. What a special treat!
I am creating... a Wizard of Oz quilt and cutting & putting together baby quilt kits for our little quilt group to sew together for our local hospital. Each new baby born here gets a quilt from our quilt club.
I am going... to the library and the post office later today ( i actually didn't get this task done today, I'll have to do it tomorrow!). Almost all my Christmas cards are done and ready to mail (way early for me!) and we have care packages to send off to missionary friends serving overseas full of holiday treats along with 2 care packages for service men serving our country in Iraq this Christmas.
I am reading... Blue Like Play dough:The Shape of Motherhood in the Grip of God by Tricia Goyer by and my Bible Study this week, Living Beyond Yourself by Beth Moore
I am hoping... for a great week of school
I am praying for... my children, this week I have 3 areas that I am praying for them for.
I am hearing...Kids playing, we started early and are taking a break this morning for a bit while I catch up on phone calls, my daybook, etc. Back to school in a few minutes!
Around the house...toys, laundry, beds to be made, I need a good house cleaning day after a busy weekend!
One of my favorite things... soft fuzzy socks to keep my feet warm!
A few plans for the rest of the week: School, hopefully a quiet week without a lot of running around, a birthday party on Friday night, maybe a trip to the grocery store later in the week. We have some big decisions to make that have taken up a lot of my time today, sorry I am slow getting this posted!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Football in our house for Thanksgiving...
Head over to peggy's to check out some other daybooks!
3 comments:
AHHH, Love the little 'Troy Aikman'! Hope you guys had a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving. As always, love your Monday posts.
Praying you have a great week with school! What a privilege to be able to teach our children ourselves.
Sweet pic, friend :)
Great pictures...
Praying for decision making:)
Have a blessed week friend.
Post a Comment