Outside my window... The sun is just barely peeking, it's a chilly 40 degrees, but the forecast is for another beautiful fall day... I hope so!
I am thinking... about my friend, Joanna, who has just moved back to the village in the Solomon Islands for a few months. Hoping the trip out on the boat went well, that they were welcomed by many and that the next 2 months are full of blessings as they have their first Thanksgiving and Christmas in the village.
I am thankful for... the encouragement of friends, we were able to spend time wile in DC and Maryland last week with friends that we have shared many special life moments with and also rough times with. What a blessing it was to have several days of fun and fellowship with them as we traveled.
I am praying for... my children, that their hearts would be soft and that each one will come to understand the love of their Heavenly Father and desire to know Him personally.
Pondering these words... "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is
the wellspring of life."
Proverbs 4:23
From the learning rooms... Mummies & Pyramids/ Ancient Egypt for History, Subtraction word problems in Math, Gooney Bird Greene for our chapter book read aloud, Hot Air Balloons for science (understanding Air), improving our reading skills, back to piano lessons, continuing Missionary Stories with the Millers and stories from 10 Girls Who Made a Difference. Fall leaf Art projects, and baking down a pumpkin to make bread (we read From Seed to Pumpkin last week.) Scripture Copy work , spelling words, etc.
From the kitchen... Pumpkin to bake, PBJ Sandwiches with fruit and carrots for lunch, supper I'm not sure about yet- I have to get groceries:)
I am wearing... A brown Wild Olive T-shirt (such things), capri pants and barefoot
I am creating... I need to finish piecing a couple of quilts to send to be quilted (I haven't sewn much this past month), this weekend I created costumes last minute:) and the kids and I are making fall leaf batik banners this week.
I am going... grocery shopping in town today, the library and the kids start indoor swimming lessons this week.
I am reading... the introduction/Leader's guide for the Bible Study I am starting with a group of awesome women. We are doing Beth Moore's, Living Beyond Yourself online. I am so thankful for this group of moms who are joining me!
I am hoping... we stay healthy, there are a lot of icky bugs going around our community
I am hearing... kids up and around, waiting for mommy to fix breakfast so I need to run:)
Around the house... Mounds of laundry still from return from our 10 day trip this past week, books from moving around the school area, clothes to be sorted and given away that the kids have out grown.
One of my favorite things... early fall mornings with a cup of tea- this morning it was Lady Grey.
A few plans for the rest of the week: School, Cleaning house, Swimming Lessons, a meeting at church, a children's play to attend and hopefully a few more beautiful days to be outside with the kids.
I am thinking... about my friend, Joanna, who has just moved back to the village in the Solomon Islands for a few months. Hoping the trip out on the boat went well, that they were welcomed by many and that the next 2 months are full of blessings as they have their first Thanksgiving and Christmas in the village.
I am thankful for... the encouragement of friends, we were able to spend time wile in DC and Maryland last week with friends that we have shared many special life moments with and also rough times with. What a blessing it was to have several days of fun and fellowship with them as we traveled.
I am praying for... my children, that their hearts would be soft and that each one will come to understand the love of their Heavenly Father and desire to know Him personally.
Pondering these words... "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is
the wellspring of life."
Proverbs 4:23
From the learning rooms... Mummies & Pyramids/ Ancient Egypt for History, Subtraction word problems in Math, Gooney Bird Greene for our chapter book read aloud, Hot Air Balloons for science (understanding Air), improving our reading skills, back to piano lessons, continuing Missionary Stories with the Millers and stories from 10 Girls Who Made a Difference. Fall leaf Art projects, and baking down a pumpkin to make bread (we read From Seed to Pumpkin last week.) Scripture Copy work , spelling words, etc.
From the kitchen... Pumpkin to bake, PBJ Sandwiches with fruit and carrots for lunch, supper I'm not sure about yet- I have to get groceries:)
I am wearing... A brown Wild Olive T-shirt (such things), capri pants and barefoot
I am creating... I need to finish piecing a couple of quilts to send to be quilted (I haven't sewn much this past month), this weekend I created costumes last minute:) and the kids and I are making fall leaf batik banners this week.
I am going... grocery shopping in town today, the library and the kids start indoor swimming lessons this week.
I am reading... the introduction/Leader's guide for the Bible Study I am starting with a group of awesome women. We are doing Beth Moore's, Living Beyond Yourself online. I am so thankful for this group of moms who are joining me!
I am hoping... we stay healthy, there are a lot of icky bugs going around our community
I am hearing... kids up and around, waiting for mommy to fix breakfast so I need to run:)
Around the house... Mounds of laundry still from return from our 10 day trip this past week, books from moving around the school area, clothes to be sorted and given away that the kids have out grown.
One of my favorite things... early fall mornings with a cup of tea- this morning it was Lady Grey.
A few plans for the rest of the week: School, Cleaning house, Swimming Lessons, a meeting at church, a children's play to attend and hopefully a few more beautiful days to be outside with the kids.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... 
(taken at Jefferson's Rock, Harper's Ferry, WV and the Appalachian Trail from the Rock)
Stop by Peggy's to read more day books for today.

Stop by Peggy's to read more day books for today.

6 comments:
Wow! Four kids AND you quilt. I can hardly get laundry done! I so need a lifestyle organizer! How creative you are, I checked out some of your quilts!
Have a great week!
I love your Monday posts :)
Ah, bad stuff going around here too. Trusting for wellness and health. Hey, even sickness has to bow to Jesus, doesn't it????
Great photos. I've been there a couple of times. There is always a lot of laundry after a trip. I had so much to do last week. I finished on Saturday and today I started all over again when I changed the beds and washed our afghans. Have to do the afghans often because I have a cat.
Mama Bear
I have been praying for Joanna. Thanks for reminding me laundry needs to go in. This is a very interesting and creative time for swimming lessons. We are still swimming as if it were the middle of summer, where is Fall? Have a blessed week friend:)
I have enjoyed reading your daybook. I love your thoughts on praying for your children so gentle and caring.
I ahve missed doing my own daybook this week but am enjoying reading others.
yes I love that pile up of laundry that just begs to be done. Good luck with that.
That is a beautiful photo, I love the colours
God Bless
Friends are wonderful. I do all of Beth Moore studies. My sister is the leader of our study at church. I hope every one is blessed by the study. Have a great week. Doylene
Post a Comment