A Simple Woman's Daybook
FOR TODAY
Nov. 16, 2009
Outside my window... it's cold and has been sleeting and snowing off an on all night and morning.
I am thinking... about my sick kids. We traveled to see grandma this weekend. I really don,t like to have sick kids far from home. Hopefully we will be well enough to make the long trek home tomorrow.
I am thankful for... time with family this weekend, celebrating birthdays of all the cousins, the family get together tradition of soup for Sunday lunch when we get together to celebrate fall birthdays.
From the learning rooms... We will continue our study of the ancients (we are in India now), we had some field trips schedule while we are traveling but cancelled them because of weather and sickness. We are reading our missionary stories- just finishing up Jim Elliot and Nate Saint. We are beginning to read our extra read alouds for Thanksgiving- Kit Learns a Lesson: 1934 A School Lesson is our current extra chapter book.I'll post our extra Thanksgiving list later this week. In Math, we are finishing our reviews this week and time tests on addition and subtraction.
From the kitchen... I'm traveling so no cooking from me today:)
I am wearing... A long sleeve Wild Olive tee, jeans and fall Mary Janes (not barefoot for once!)
I am creating... I have a list of projects I need to finish for the holidays, including the binding on 3 quilts.
I am going... to stay home today at my mom's. I was planning to go visit friends who live in this part of the state and meet their kiddos, but with sick little ones, we will be sitting tight, hoping we can travel home tomorrow.
I am reading... My Bible Study- Living Beyond Yourself
A Quote I am pondering... “Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou wilt, work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever.” ~ Betty Stam, Missionary to China, Killed Dec. 8, 1934 in China
I am praying for... my children, God has really been working in my life showing me how important this is to do on a daily basis. Also for all the moms in my Bible study that we would each have plenty of time to get our homework done.
I am hoping... that none of the other kids get sick and that I don't get the icky bug either.
I am hearing... the news program on the radio that my dad always listens to in the mornings that still sounds the same as it did 30 years ago when I was a kids getting ready for school.
Around the house... We are visiting grandma's house. So our suitcase is out, fresh laundry is done and kids sleeping all over:) I am thankful for the little guesthouse they have that we can stay in when we come to visit.
One of my favorite things... Olives stuffed with almonds! This weekend, my sister in law called to see if I needed anything while she was at Walmart- I said, "stuffed olives!" She was quiet for a moment, then wanted to know if I was having pregnancy cravings for some reason (I assured her that I AM NOT PREGNANT, I just wanted olives!) We enjoyed 3 different types of funny gourmet olives this weekend:) Crazy but tasty!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Driving home from grandma's, stopping in the big city on the way to do a bit of shopping, finishing our week of school strong.
Nov. 16, 2009
Outside my window... it's cold and has been sleeting and snowing off an on all night and morning.
I am thinking... about my sick kids. We traveled to see grandma this weekend. I really don,t like to have sick kids far from home. Hopefully we will be well enough to make the long trek home tomorrow.
I am thankful for... time with family this weekend, celebrating birthdays of all the cousins, the family get together tradition of soup for Sunday lunch when we get together to celebrate fall birthdays.
From the learning rooms... We will continue our study of the ancients (we are in India now), we had some field trips schedule while we are traveling but cancelled them because of weather and sickness. We are reading our missionary stories- just finishing up Jim Elliot and Nate Saint. We are beginning to read our extra read alouds for Thanksgiving- Kit Learns a Lesson: 1934 A School Lesson is our current extra chapter book.I'll post our extra Thanksgiving list later this week. In Math, we are finishing our reviews this week and time tests on addition and subtraction.
From the kitchen... I'm traveling so no cooking from me today:)
I am wearing... A long sleeve Wild Olive tee, jeans and fall Mary Janes (not barefoot for once!)
I am creating... I have a list of projects I need to finish for the holidays, including the binding on 3 quilts.
I am going... to stay home today at my mom's. I was planning to go visit friends who live in this part of the state and meet their kiddos, but with sick little ones, we will be sitting tight, hoping we can travel home tomorrow.
I am reading... My Bible Study- Living Beyond Yourself
A Quote I am pondering... “Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou wilt, work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever.” ~ Betty Stam, Missionary to China, Killed Dec. 8, 1934 in China
I am praying for... my children, God has really been working in my life showing me how important this is to do on a daily basis. Also for all the moms in my Bible study that we would each have plenty of time to get our homework done.
I am hoping... that none of the other kids get sick and that I don't get the icky bug either.
I am hearing... the news program on the radio that my dad always listens to in the mornings that still sounds the same as it did 30 years ago when I was a kids getting ready for school.
Around the house... We are visiting grandma's house. So our suitcase is out, fresh laundry is done and kids sleeping all over:) I am thankful for the little guesthouse they have that we can stay in when we come to visit.
One of my favorite things... Olives stuffed with almonds! This weekend, my sister in law called to see if I needed anything while she was at Walmart- I said, "stuffed olives!" She was quiet for a moment, then wanted to know if I was having pregnancy cravings for some reason (I assured her that I AM NOT PREGNANT, I just wanted olives!) We enjoyed 3 different types of funny gourmet olives this weekend:) Crazy but tasty!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Driving home from grandma's, stopping in the big city on the way to do a bit of shopping, finishing our week of school strong.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Nate and I in DC a few weeks ago. My sister-in-law took this picture and passed it on to me:) I am not often in pictures because I am usually behind the camera.
Nate and I in DC a few weeks ago. My sister-in-law took this picture and passed it on to me:) I am not often in pictures because I am usually behind the camera.
8 comments:
You have a lovely family! I enjoyed my visit to your cozy homepage. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear about your sick children. I'm praying for fast recovery.
I just love your monday posts gayly - they just lift my spirits like you wouldn't believe. hope everyone is feeling better soon and that you have a safe trip back home! please tell your mom i said hi.
Oh yayeee---there you are in a pic :) Fantastic!!!
Trusting your sick sweeties feel so much better. Ugh, been thee, done that, friend.
Travel home safely.
Hi Gayly, hope the kids are feeling better. So much stuff going around these days. Almost everyone has some kind of cold or cough. It is not as cold here in NY as it is where you are, so we are enjoying the nice fall weather while it lasts.
Well, if you have to be away from home and not feeling well, the best place to be is grandma's house! I hope your family soon feels again, especially for the traveling you need to do.
Blessings,
Tammy ~@~
Praying that the children feel better and you all have a safe and quiet ride home!
How wonderful to be HOME with Mom and Dad! Praying that grandma and grandpa don't get sick!
Hello Gayly!! What a fun post. I really enjoyed reading it in this format! :) You have a wonderful family and it was great seeing you in the photo today!! And your love and heart from the Lord always shines through...truly my favorite part!
Praying you are all feeling better soon. Take care and have a blessed week! <><
love and hugs,
~Tanya
I hope your littles feel better soon - and that you have a chance to get your quilting projects done ;) Have a lovely Christmas! Kathy
Post a Comment