
This afternoon, I headed out to ranch country with the kids. We are thankful that God has given us friends that allow us to go enjoy God's amazing creation on their ranch. The original part of their ranch was established in 1887 and was known as Ravenscraft. The original stone ranch house still stands out on a desolate road among the prairie grass. My kids love to go out there for adventures! So off we went this afternoon on an adventure! These pictures were taken of Nate this afternoon sitting on the stone porch wall, taking in what was around him...
Ten months ago this week, our sweet boy, Nate, joined our family. After months of waiting, I'll never forget the feeling of seeing him come into the room. He was so scared and his eyes so sad, I can't imagine what was going through his little two year old mind.
Ten months later, Nate has come long way. He is still very quiet and shy when he is around new people or out where things are busy. His language skills are improving and he loves to dance!
Ten months later, Nate has come long way. He is still very quiet and shy when he is around new people or out where things are busy. His language skills are improving and he loves to dance!
Sometimes he's quiet and just takes in everything around him. Often he notices the small details and points out the littlest bugs, spiders or other creepy crawly that he finds. His eyes speak so much, even when the words aren't there.
I cherish the moments when we catch a smile and even better is laughter. It comes more often these days than 10 months ago and those moments melts this mama's heart. It breaks my heart that he spent two years of his life without a family to love on him, but I am very thankful for those who cared for him before I could.
Nate has a sweet compassion about him, he notices little hurts and wants to make them feel better. He loves to give hugs to his brother and sisters and worries about them. I love to hear the words, "thank you mama,"in his sweet little voice after he has been given something or after he eats.
What a blessing this boy is in my life and how I love to hear his little voice call, "mama!"
I cherish the moments when we catch a smile and even better is laughter. It comes more often these days than 10 months ago and those moments melts this mama's heart. It breaks my heart that he spent two years of his life without a family to love on him, but I am very thankful for those who cared for him before I could.
Nate has a sweet compassion about him, he notices little hurts and wants to make them feel better. He loves to give hugs to his brother and sisters and worries about them. I love to hear the words, "thank you mama,"in his sweet little voice after he has been given something or after he eats.What a blessing this boy is in my life and how I love to hear his little voice call, "mama!"
4 comments:
Such beautiful pictures! And I agree that the laughter of children is so precious. I am glad that he became part of your family too and that his eyes are no longer sad!
What sweet pictures!!
Could he possibly be any cuter that that??? Oh my goodness, I could eat him up :)
How SWEET is he? I have a shy guy myself and I am partial to him, I must admit ;) Sounds like Nate has made great strides since joining his forever family :)
Great pictures, thanks for sharing about your little man!
Post a Comment