Yummy Treats...
The nasty stomach bug has presented it's ugly head at our house! Ugh! So yesterday school was slow as the kids are curled up, snuggled in and trying to feel better.
I haven't baked much lately, though I love to! Yesterday morning, I made these yummy Honey Dinner Rolls that I found on The Vintage Maker's blog. We enjoyed them as a mild mid-morning snack while they were warm with butter. The kids are asking if I will make them again today! The recipe is very easy though I did adjusted it a bit:
Honey Dinner Rolls
2 tsp. yeast 1/4 cup warm water 1 tsp honey (I used a dark buckwheat honey that gave them an awesome flavor)
1/2 tbsp. baking powder 1 tsp. salt (I did not add salt to my dough)
1/2 tsp baking soda 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups bread flour- I needed to add extra flour as my dough was sticky)
1 stick butter, melted 1/4 cup honey (I used dark buckwheat honey)
3/4 cup buttermilk
*** I also added 2 Tbsp. flax meal, I do this to almost all the bread I make
Mix first three ingredients and let set for a couple of minutes, till yeast is bubbly. Add remaining ingredients, and mix together gently until all ingredients are incorporated. If dough seems a little sticky add a little more flour until you have a nice soft dough that does not stick to your hands but is not too dry. I turned dough onto the flour-dusted cookie sheet and press out in a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Divide into twelve squares. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. You can brush the rolls with softened or melted butter when they first come out of the oven. (sorry no pictures)
The nasty stomach bug has presented it's ugly head at our house! Ugh! So yesterday school was slow as the kids are curled up, snuggled in and trying to feel better.
I haven't baked much lately, though I love to! Yesterday morning, I made these yummy Honey Dinner Rolls that I found on The Vintage Maker's blog. We enjoyed them as a mild mid-morning snack while they were warm with butter. The kids are asking if I will make them again today! The recipe is very easy though I did adjusted it a bit:
Honey Dinner Rolls
2 tsp. yeast 1/4 cup warm water 1 tsp honey (I used a dark buckwheat honey that gave them an awesome flavor)
1/2 tbsp. baking powder 1 tsp. salt (I did not add salt to my dough)
1/2 tsp baking soda 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups bread flour- I needed to add extra flour as my dough was sticky)
1 stick butter, melted 1/4 cup honey (I used dark buckwheat honey)
3/4 cup buttermilk
*** I also added 2 Tbsp. flax meal, I do this to almost all the bread I make
Mix first three ingredients and let set for a couple of minutes, till yeast is bubbly. Add remaining ingredients, and mix together gently until all ingredients are incorporated. If dough seems a little sticky add a little more flour until you have a nice soft dough that does not stick to your hands but is not too dry. I turned dough onto the flour-dusted cookie sheet and press out in a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Divide into twelve squares. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. You can brush the rolls with softened or melted butter when they first come out of the oven. (sorry no pictures)
No comments:
Post a Comment