Pecan Pie Cake
Carolin ask about this recipe. I love about anything that has pecans in it, but this is one of my favorites! It's easy and so yummy! Great to take to carry in dinners for a dessert because it's quick, easy and yet something a little different:)
Pecan Pie Cake
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 stick of melted butter
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups of chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 325F.
Blend the cake mix, belted butter and 1 egg in a large bowl until it is mixed well and thick. Measure out 2/3 cup of the batter and set aside. Pat the remaining batter into the bottom on an ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake until the crust is lightly brown and puffs up (about 12 minutes). Remove pan from the oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Leave the oven on.
Now use the reserved batter and place it in the mixing bowl with the corn syrup, brown sugar, remaining eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Fold in the pecans. Now pour the mixture on top of the crust in the 9x13 pan. Return to the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, the edges will be lightly browned but the center is still soft. Let cool.
* I think it is best served a little warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or topped with real whipping cream:)
2 comments:
oh my Gayly, that sounds yummy! I'll just have to try that one this weekend. Thanks for posting it!
I want to try this. It sounds sooooo good.
Hope all is going well. I am working on Carmens block tonight. Hope it will be finished in the morning!! I finally made the time. I had so many other things to get done.
Your children are adorable!
Blessings to ya! Linda
Post a Comment