thank·ful (th
ngk
f
l)adj.
ngk
f
l)adj.1. Aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful.
2. Expressive of gratitude
We have been studying the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving this week. Lenna and I finished reading about the long journey on the Mayflower, the difficulties of starting a new colony... death, disease, loneliness, hunger, bitter cold. Life was so hard for them, yet God blessed them and they thanked Him how He protected them, provided for them and led them. Even in hardship, they chose to worship at a high cost.
The kids made this list of what they are thankful for:
"I am thankful for that our friend, Ethan's surgery went well this past week."- Lenna
"I am thankful for horses."- Eli
"I am thankful for my brother, Nate."- Eli
"I am thankful for friends who serve God in far away places."- Lenna
"I am thankful for marshmallows."- Nate
"I am thankful for Jesus loving me."- Lenna
"I am thankful for my cousins."- Abigayl
"I am thankful for my baby dolls."- Abigayl
"I am thankful for books." Lenna, Abigayl & Eli
For me, there is so much I am thankful for:
...for my husband, who is my best friend
... for a Heavenly Father who sees me and knows me and still loves me, so much that He gave up His son for me
...for my children and the way God has grown our family
...for God's provision in our lives
...for the chance to dig into God's word lately and the challenge to grow in my faith
What are you thankful for this week?
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1
We have been studying the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving this week. Lenna and I finished reading about the long journey on the Mayflower, the difficulties of starting a new colony... death, disease, loneliness, hunger, bitter cold. Life was so hard for them, yet God blessed them and they thanked Him how He protected them, provided for them and led them. Even in hardship, they chose to worship at a high cost.
The kids made this list of what they are thankful for:
"I am thankful for that our friend, Ethan's surgery went well this past week."- Lenna
"I am thankful for horses."- Eli
"I am thankful for my brother, Nate."- Eli
"I am thankful for friends who serve God in far away places."- Lenna
"I am thankful for marshmallows."- Nate
"I am thankful for Jesus loving me."- Lenna
"I am thankful for my cousins."- Abigayl
"I am thankful for my baby dolls."- Abigayl
"I am thankful for books." Lenna, Abigayl & Eli
For me, there is so much I am thankful for:
...for my husband, who is my best friend
... for a Heavenly Father who sees me and knows me and still loves me, so much that He gave up His son for me
...for my children and the way God has grown our family
...for God's provision in our lives
...for the chance to dig into God's word lately and the challenge to grow in my faith
What are you thankful for this week?
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1
2 comments:
Oh my goodness---we are soooooo thankful for the amazing gift for Hailee we got in the mail when we got home last night!!! Wow--thank you so very much, dear friend. Please know that we absolutely appreciate your hearts and your generosity!
You're wonderful!
EVERYTHING!! But mostly my salvation and my hubby and family! HUGS! Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment