Sunday Snapshot (and a birthday giveaway!!!)
Keep reading, then add a comment at the bottom of the page with how to contact you to sign up for the giveaway!
It's hard to believe our Abigayl turned 5 yesterday. What a wonderful day we had, nothing fancy just a lot of fun as a family. Abigayl's lunch request was Thai Food at our favorite place about 30 minutes away (we all appreciated her choice since it our family's favorite place!!!)
Last night as I was in bed, I was thinking about my daughter's birthday... all the details I will never know, the thoughts of her birth mama, if it was a hard labor and delivery or if she arrived very quickly... I will never know the joy and sadness of that day for another mama on the other side of the world. Does our beautiful daughter have her eyes, her laughter that fills the room or flexibility? All questions that we will more than likely never have the answers to this side of heaven. How thankful I am for her birth mama though and how often I lift her to the Lord in prayer! I hope that somewhere in her heart she knows what a joy Abigayl is.
Abigayl's laughter draws in a room, she loves to be a "baby mama" as she puts it and to care for all her little ones (5 babies and 15 animals.) Her latest quest is that we need a lot more bothers and sisters from China so they can have a mommy and a daddy too! How a love this sweet girl's compassionate heart and tender way with those who hurt and suffer. How blessed I am to be called "mama" by her!
I usually post on Stephanie's Sunday snapshot, but I just didn't get it all done this time (I will do a snapshot of Abigayl soon)... but I wanted to share this picture of Abigayl, the birthday girl with you that I love!
And... it's GIVEAWAY time! Whenever one of us girls' at our house a birthday, we do a giveaway on the blog! The birthday person gets to chose an item to give away.
Abigayl has chosen a Deluxe Edition (including cd's) of The Jesus Storybook Bible. My friend, Karin, in my Bible study mentioned this a few weeks ago on her blog and I went to find it. We love it!
Leave us a comment (you can wish Abigayl a happy belated birthday) and see if you win her drawing! You can add comments in Thursday 12:00noon to have a chance to win! Abigayl will draw a name on Thursday afternoon! If you would like 2 chances to win, mention Abigayl's birthday giveaway on your blog and let me know that you did in your comment!
Have an blessed week!

Last night as I was in bed, I was thinking about my daughter's birthday... all the details I will never know, the thoughts of her birth mama, if it was a hard labor and delivery or if she arrived very quickly... I will never know the joy and sadness of that day for another mama on the other side of the world. Does our beautiful daughter have her eyes, her laughter that fills the room or flexibility? All questions that we will more than likely never have the answers to this side of heaven. How thankful I am for her birth mama though and how often I lift her to the Lord in prayer! I hope that somewhere in her heart she knows what a joy Abigayl is.
Abigayl's laughter draws in a room, she loves to be a "baby mama" as she puts it and to care for all her little ones (5 babies and 15 animals.) Her latest quest is that we need a lot more bothers and sisters from China so they can have a mommy and a daddy too! How a love this sweet girl's compassionate heart and tender way with those who hurt and suffer. How blessed I am to be called "mama" by her!
I usually post on Stephanie's Sunday snapshot, but I just didn't get it all done this time (I will do a snapshot of Abigayl soon)... but I wanted to share this picture of Abigayl, the birthday girl with you that I love!
And... it's GIVEAWAY time! Whenever one of us girls' at our house a birthday, we do a giveaway on the blog! The birthday person gets to chose an item to give away. Abigayl has chosen a Deluxe Edition (including cd's) of The Jesus Storybook Bible. My friend, Karin, in my Bible study mentioned this a few weeks ago on her blog and I went to find it. We love it!
Leave us a comment (you can wish Abigayl a happy belated birthday) and see if you win her drawing! You can add comments in Thursday 12:00noon to have a chance to win! Abigayl will draw a name on Thursday afternoon! If you would like 2 chances to win, mention Abigayl's birthday giveaway on your blog and let me know that you did in your comment!
Have an blessed week!

15 comments:
Hope your birthday was a beautiful day, Abygail!
Sharon
www.ourfamilyourstory.com
Oops! I'm sorry I didn't spell your name correctly Abigayl! What a pretty name you have and I love the spelling. :)
Sharon
www.ourfamilyourstory.com
Happy belated birthday to Abigayl! What a darling girly she is! And I love your idea of a giveaway in honor of her big day...such fun!
Please draw our name, Birthday Girl. We just got our CD player fixed and would love a new CD.
love and hugs,
B, J, & H :-)
Happy, Happy belated birthday Miss Abygail!!! Hope you had a wonderful time on your special day!
Happy Birthday Abigayl!! Hope your day was super special :)
We don't usually do *much* on birthdays, but just having some special family time ends up being LOTS of fun, though!!
I'm going to add your Sunday Snapshot to my post right now... and look forward to your next Snapshot post :)
Happy Birthday Abigayl!! What a big number FIVE! My daughter is 4 1/2 and would have fun with a pen pal if you are interested...mostly pictures and art work, but pen pals can be so fun...Colette loves to get mail!
Thank you for a giveaway in honor of your birthday...we read our bible nearly every night with Colette...Jonah and the Whale is currently her favorite story. We talk alot about how life would be inside the belly of a whale!!
Happy Birthday again!
Whaaat? Karin is in your Bible study? Huh? Ya'll live, well not so close. What gives? Am I totally misunderstanding what you wrote?!
Happy birthday sweet Abigayl! May this year bring new blessings that draw you closer to the Lord!
love,
Holly- can I be a cyber Auntie? :)
Happy Birthday! My kids would really enjoy this giveaway.
Happy Birthday Abigayl! What a beautiful smile yoiu have!
Happy birthday Abigayl!! My sweet Sierra would love to win your give away!!!
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Aby---gail, happy birthday to you!
Anne
What a poignant post! So many of your sentiments are swirling around in my heart as well. I can not stress strongly enought how much I am thankful for our sovereign God, and the fact that our girls were always in His care!
Happy Birthday Abygail! I'm heading to my blog to post about your give-away! :)
You know I love ya Abigayl. You are too sweet!! Your heart is the best as is your mommy's.
Oh my goodness, how in the world did I miss this???
What a fabulous give away, my friend.
Happy happy belated birthday to your sweet little angel girl. I can tell from her pics that she has the sweetest, most gentle spirit.
Love you, friend.
Post a Comment